Welcome to R Ottawa!
Pages for people interested in learning and using R in National Capital Region and elsewhere
- 35 mins a week seems not enough… Following requests, we’ll add another R101 “Lunch and Learn” session on Fridays, the same time.
- Also following your suggestions, homework will be added at each session.
- R101 “Learning R together” YouTube channel has now recordings of all past three sessions. 35 mins each.
- Thank you for all your questions and ideas! Will do our best to respond to all of them.
- YouTube channel created: R101 “Learning R together” (Building Data Science Apps from scratch). If you missed a session, you can now watch it there. Session transcripts are posted in R101.
- We’ve heard you: You want to get all the power and fun of R, but you don’t know where to start (and you mayn ot even have it installed on your machine). - Starting this week, we’ll show you how you can start learning and using R in absolutely no time and even without any software installed on your computer. All you’ll need is to login to https://rstudio.cloud and we’ll guide you through after that. We will be developing a Covid App such as iTrack Covid from scratch - together! Sessions will be recorded.
- Codes to read Covid data from UofT and JHU are added to /r101 folder.
- Invitation to Lunches with Data Challenges meet-ups is extended from CBSA to all GoC. See: GCCollab*
- The focus of discussion becomes Covid-19 and what we (R enthusiasts and learners) can do with it
- Our informal Wednesday’s “Morning Coffees with Data Challenges” meetings, which we’ve been having in CBSA since last Summer, move online with Zoom, becoming “Lunches” and open to everyone here.
Dmitry Gorodnichy (dg @ ivim.ca or dmitry.gorodnichy @ cbsa-asfc.gc.ca)